Tuesday, August 14, 2012

THE AFTERMATH

A succession of highly competent nurses, physicians and technicians during the five days following my hospital admission for a massive, cancer-related pulmonary embolus, coupled with appropriate care and medication led to my discharge and return home on the fifth day for a slow recovery. Notwithstanding my grim prognosis, I am very slowly getting better, though shortness of breath, a distinct lack of strength and energy, and continuing unmistakeable stigmata of cardiopulmonary insult and aggressive malignant melanoma are clear indicators that all is not yet well and is unlikely to be.

Once again,  I must emphasize the importance of my supportive family, and friends throughout this  illness. Without their support I could not have made it.  To my family, friends, community and the kind and generous rabbis who  have visited and buttressed me, I offer a sincere "thank you."  It would have been impossible to have survived without your help, understanding and support.

No comments: